Splurge on promoting immense real impact by one of the coolest companies I have encountered. I had the honor of serving as a business advisor at a speed-pitching event by the 2012 Tech Museum Tech Award Laureates. (More on this prestigious Silicon Valley award program below.) There I met Sanga Moses, CEO of Eco-Fuel Africa. He is an inspiring and experienced young social entrepreneur whose company has a validated model for doing all of the following simultaneously:
- Reduce deforestation (in Uganda which is already 70% deforested!) & contributes to re-forestation
- Turn farm waste into safe fuel and fertilizer — reducing peoples costs as well as the serious health impacts of other fuels
- Provide men and women with their own businesses as manufacturers and distributors of those products
- Enable children to go to school instead of searching for wood
That is a lot of impact! More on the business model that creates all these benefits can be found below.
The Eco-Fuel Business Model
Learn more about Eco-Fuel Africa social venture from their website (Click here) or from a YouTube video (click here).
How You Can be a Part Through Funding
Until December 12 you can use your phone to help fund Eco-Fuel toward sef-sufficiency or fund other Tech Museum Laureates.
Pledging instructions for funding Eco-Fuel (Pledge now through December 12, 2012)
- Text 41444
- Enter tech [space] pledge amount [space] fuel
For info on how to fund other Laureates by phone through the Tech Museum between now and Dec 12: Click here.
Tech Awards information:
“The Tech Awards is an international awards program that honors innovators from around the world who are applying technology to benefit humanity.” This year’s categories were:
- Young Innovator
- Economic Development
- Sustainable Energy